Important Notes to Club Secretaries
It is important that all Club Secertaries familiarise themselves with all League Rules. The following notes should assist you in some of the key points.
NEW Registration News Page!
For all of your Registration Information & News go to the new Registration Page
It will be updated throughout the season with Registration Dates, Instructions and Forms.
Updated: 3rd June 2012
Memo to Club Secretaries...
REGARDING CHILD PROTECTION
- All team officials of the under 8’s age group need for season 2013/14 to attend the Football Association Safeguarding Children Workshop. Any other age group team officials who have not attended the F.A. Workshop must undertake this requirement. During the season therefore, the Coventry Minor Football League shall schedule such 3 hour Workshops on Monday evenings 6:30pm to 9:30pm, the League will meet part of the cost of the Workshops. Clubs shall be notified of dates and venue.
- All persons involved with Minors, or who come into contact with Minors, need to also complete or have completed a Football Association - Criminal Record Bureau (C.R.B.) check.
- The League Welfare Officer, Mrs Jane Connolly, is registered to verify the C.R.B. application check forms on behalf of the Competition. The C.R.B. Disclosure forms can be obtained from the League Welfare Officer.
- Please note: All Clubs in this Competition must have a Club Welfare Officer in place to be able to affiliate with the B.C.F.A.
- Clubs must ensure the team officials welcome the appointed Referee when he/she arrives at the venue.
- Team officials to ensure the fully completed team sheet is submitted to the Referee prior to the commencement of the match as per League Rules.
- The home team must ensure they collect the away teams 50% match fee prior to the game and to ensure the appointed Referee is paid by the home team within 5 minutes of the conclusion of the game.
- Club officials of the home team must notify their opponents and Referee four clear days before a match.
- Club officials of the home team must notify their opponents and Referees if a match is postponed.
- Club officials of the home team must telephone all their results including any outside cup competitions to the age group representative.
- Advise the Fixture Secretary of your outside cup fixture commitments and results.
- Home teams are responsible for providing match ball flags posts and nets.
- Ensure your Club’s fully competed team sheets are given to the Referee before kick-off and following the match forwarded to the Match Secretary within four days of fixture.
- All monies (unless otherwise arranged) must be paid to the League Treasurer, who will issue a receipt.
- All correspondence from the Club must be sent in writing to the League Secretary, via the Club Secretary.
- Ensure you advise all of your Managers when fixtures indicate their fixture has no match official appointed DO NOT CONTACT either the Referees Appointment Secretary or the League Secretary, as all-available match officials have been appointed to fixtures. The Referees appointment Secretary will contact teams without match officials prior to the Sunday fixture, should any match officials become available.
- Please read your Rule Book carefully failure to do so may cost your Club money.
- Scheduled kick-off times for the ensuing season are 11:00am and 1:30pm, subject to agreement by all interested parties to a new kick-off time.
- Under 8’s kick-off time is Saturday 10:30am subject to agreement by all interested parties to a new kick-off time.
- Transfers shall be actioned in accordance with F.A. Rule 19(a) and B.C.F.A. Rule 27. A player who does not hold a written contract with a Club shall not be approached, except during the period from May 31st to July 15th inclusive.
- It is the responsibility of the Club Secretary to notify all teams in the team’s age group where changes to Club Officials, Team Managers, Assistants or telephone nos. are made during the season, and advise the League Secretary of any such changes to telephone nos. or personnel.
- Club Secretaries must advice all their Club’s Team Officials that the teams players identification cards must be exchanged at all times by both teams prior to the match. The team sheet must be fully completed by both teams before kick-off and given to the Referee as required under League Rules.