Manager's & Club Official's Code of Conduct
The following the Coventry Minor League, Code of Conduct for all Club Officials, incluing Managers, Coaches & Club Secretaries
NEW Registration News Page!
For all of your Registration Information & News go to the new Registration Page
It will be updated throughout the season with Registration Dates, Instructions and Forms.
Updated: 3rd June 2012
Club Officials / Managers Competition Code of Conduct
Club Secretaries must ensure that all Club Officials / Managers, when signing the Registration Card, have also received a copy of this Code of Conduct.
It is the obligation of all Club Officials / Managers to agree and adhere to this Code of Conduct and the F.A. Club Child Protection Policy when signing their Registration Card to be registered with the Competition. In doing so, they accept the conditions within this Code of Conduct.
Managers have a hugely important role to play in Respect, as they are not only responsible for their own behaviour, but they can also influence that of their players and spectators too.
On a match day, you will be expected to work with your players, parents and other spectators to allow the referee to manage the game without being subjected to abuse.
- Show respect to others involved in the game including match officials, opposition players, coaches, managers, officials and spectators
- Adhere to the Laws of the Game
- Display and promote high standards of behaviour
- Always respect the match officials' decisions
- Never enter the field of play without the referee's permission
- Never engage in public criticism of the match officials
- Never engage in, or tolerate, offensive, insulting or abusive language or behaviour
When working with players, I will:
- Place the well-being, safety and enjoyment of each player above everything, including winning
- Explain exactly what I expect of players and what they can expect from me
- Ensure the parents/carers of all players under the age of 18 understand these expectations
- Refrain from, and refuse to tolerate, any form of bullying
- Develop mutual trust and respect with every player to build their self-esteem
- Encourage each player to accept responsibility for their own behaviour and performance
- Ensure all activities I organise are appropriate for the players' ability level, experience, age and maturity
- Co-operate fully with others in football (e.g. officials, doctors, physiotherapists, welfare officers) for each player's best interests
I understand that in signing the Club Officials / Managers Registration Card any breaches of the Competition’s Code of Conduct that brings the Competition into disrepute, could result in disciplinary action being taken against me by the League, County FA and/or The FA.